Wednesday, October 10, 2012

To The Dump

To the dump, to the dump, to the dump dump dump....

Mom and I were singing this old "memory" on our way to the landfill the other morning.   

Oh, it felt so good to gather ALL that trash (especially after all our recent festivities) and get rid of it!

I was thinking, as we drove away, that it would be only a very short time before bags would fill up again, and we would be making this trip once again.

How like life.   I remember my Catholic  friend from next door growing up...every weekend she was off to "confession"   I, as a born and bred Baptist, had no idea what that might be like...I did not need to go anywhere!

Friends,  don't wait till your "trash" mounts up and begins stinking up all the surroundings.  Take care of it immediately.  Keep short accounts.  A friend once said that he could tell the maturity of a person by how long it took from committing sin to asking for forgiveness.  

I pray I will catch it immediately!!   

I don't want to play those games anymore...I don't want to fool myself and pretend that all is fine when it isn't.  There is too much to do and no time to waste...I want to be clean before my Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZyO7kyo2Lc&feature=related

Blessings!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Marnie
    I appreciate your emails Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good song! I've never heard it before. And her voice sounds like she would be a black crooner singer! Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful and true.......Janice

    ReplyDelete