Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's One or the Other

Do you ever remember your parent saying this to you?  It's one or the other...You must make a choice, you cannot have both.

The Scripture says in James 3:11 "Can fresh water and salt water come from the same stream?"  It goes on to say we prove that we understand God's ways by living honorably and "doing good works with the humility that comes with Wisdom"

Matthew 6:22   You must have  a "single eye"   verse 24  "You cannot serve 2 masters...You will either love the one and hate the other...You cannot serve God and money"

God is a jealous God ~ He wants it ALL!   HE paid for it ALL so why wouldn't He want it all!!

Today the Lord showed me I was struggling with "resentment" 

YUK

I want my "stream" to be clean and clear, bubbling freely with no pollution.  God is kind and good to show us these "things" in our lives.  He longs for us to live free of all of "that".  The Scripture says the Lord chastens those that He love" 
Hebrews 12:6
Proverbs 3:12, 
Revelation 3:19 

We all realize we are not perfected on the day we meet Jesus... it takes our whole life to "work out" our salvation

I think we make it a lot easier on our selves when we "work with Him"   
Today I recognized what He was saying and admitted it. 
I asked for forgiveness and 
am determined 
to not let the situations at hand have that power over my life.   
I will set my mind to now live in the opposite realm.  
I will bless those that hurt me   
Matthew 5:44,  
Luke 6:28, 
Romans 12: 14-21


Beloved I pray that you will determine with me to be able to say on that day;  "I have fought the fight,  I have finished the race and kept the faith."  2 Timothy 4:7

Blessings!




2 comments: