Sunday, October 28, 2012

Known

This weekend mom and I visited the homestead in Maine.  It's kind of like camping when we go...the farm looks totally unkempt and abandoned until we walk in the door.  The fire is ready to be lit, the sameness of our surroundings, the rocker and "home" meet us every time.  

While we were readying to go out yesterday, mom was trying to get it all together....looking for her cane, glasses etc.  These small tasks can be exasperating for her.  
I hear her from the other room as she says, 
"Jesus I'm so glad that You know me".   

There is a WHOLE book in that statement and I think it is likely the Bible!

HE KNOWS YOU!   
Even if you don't know Him ~ HE knows you!!!

When you are His child, when you have asked Him to be your Father, you have the awesome realization that He KNOWS YOU!!!  He has known you since the beginning of time,  He "knit" you together!  He plans your steps,  He protects, provides and promises to meet all your needs!

Mom was saying in essence "Lord, I'm getting old.  I can't remember anymore.  I walk slow and with a cane. I mix up the days of the week and the details of the day.   Many times I don't know if I am "coming or going"!

BUT HE KNOWS!   What more do we need?  So much of our life is lived believing we are the Captain of our ship..... and then we find we're not...(it does not matter the age or the stage)

It's a precious time, in some aspects, I think.  I watch and see how He has and is caring for her.  How He watches over her and keeps her.  The saying goes :  "Old age is not for wimps"

T'is true I guess but I implore you to get to know Him REALLY WELL today so that when you find yourself in that helpless state you will simply say

"Jesus I'm glad you know me"


Blessings!




8 comments:

  1. I'm already saying that, thank you for this....Jesus I trust you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That message was so comforting to me...so glad and thankful he knows me...when I forget a word to get my thoughts across He fills in the blanks..when I can't find my glasses and worse of all my teeth, I have to pray for the Holy Spirit to direct me to them...He does...thankful I have a heavenly father.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you... i needed that today....janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mom has such a strong, glorious faith in Jesus. What a remarkable woman!



    I love the scripture Ps. 103:14, He understands/knows our frame. joann

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU, MARNIE!!
    LOTS OF LOVE
    stay warm! anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have accepted the interruption of "Mom care well"...you are right where you are suppose to be...you are a testimony to many...and I continue to pray for you in this journey..alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Word for me today, rejoicing that He knows me! anna

    ReplyDelete