Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oil of Gladness

A few weeks ago, while praying with some friends, the Lord gave me a "word" for one of the women.  This woman had been experiencing a lot of pain in her joints due to arthritis.  It kept her from moving the way she wanted.

I "heard" the Lord say, "I want to lubricate her joints with the Oil of Gladness"  I felt to encourage her to buy a journal and the book "1000 Gifts" by Ann Voskamp and begin the journey of looking for God's blessings.  We all need to direct our thoughts in the right direction and receive the Lord's Grace.

Too often we become self absorbed because of the hardships in our lives.  This is a tool of the enemy.  Our perspective is off and our faith wains.  We cannot see past the present and the pain. 

 Does anyone understand what I am talking about?

We must "put on" the garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness

Isaiah 61:3
Hebrews 1:9
Psalm 45:7

I encourage you to do a study on this topic.   It can only do you good!!  Let the Lord lubricate your spirit today and it will "run" better as will your whole day!

Blessings!




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxlfVDiTzMg

3 comments:

  1. This is good..it reminds me of how I have had such a hard time looking pass the pain of 60 years of marriage...I lay the burdens down and for a while do good, then I pick them up again when he gets to me...
    As I sat with the financial advisor, he was bringing out all the positive things about growing up with his father and myself and it sounded like wow! we did this and that and made such a good impression on him, even thou he sees in his father things I live with but choose not to dwell on it.
    Yes doing what I have done has robbed me of joy...but thankful I know the Lord and keep coming back to a right place with him...staying with his word, church and christian fellowship is what we need..
    The joy of the Lord is my strength.....His mercies are new every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I resound with this. We've been talking about prayer in my Weds night kids class. These two weeks I'm having them use Psalms as a prayer by changing the pronouns to the first person to make it personal. We've been talking about how to shift the focus of our prayers on to the greater things of the kingdom. God tells us to bring everything in petition to Him, and I don't want to diminish that, but I was finding that our group prayer time was always a grocery list of problems. I am sensitive to all these needs, but there's a problem when our prayer time just focuses on petition instead of God's glory, holiness, praise and 'Your kingdom come on Earth as it is in Heaven'. Its like going on a cruise and being preoccupied and upset the whole time because they gave you the wrong room. I don't want to miss out on the glorious cruise just because my room stinks! ZaCH

    ReplyDelete