Monday, October 8, 2012

I Am Overwhelmed

Tonight I ponder ~ 

How did He do it? 
How did I get here? 
Why me? 
Is it even possible?

 I grew up in a house with 3 older brothers and my family was "normal".....for the most part! 
But, as most of you know, the Lord had a different plan for me.  In 1973 He asked me to "trust ME for your children".  
I had NO IDEA what that meant other than it was very possibly going to infringe on my rights, and I did not like that idea!

Thankfully the Lord had His way and over the next 18 years He gave us 13 children, 12 now living.


Today as I look back over these 40 years 
I STAND AMAZED.... 
AND 
I ask those questions again and again...

Suffice it to say life has had its "ups and downs", happiness and sadness, sickness and health, better and worse.   There were days, if not years, that I teetered on the edge, thinking my life was over and that I had been abandoned, caught in a cruel joke.


But hind sight tells the truth.

This weekend my eldest son, 38, got married.  I expected that 10 of my children were going to be able to attend the wedding and my birthday which was the day before.   That was a gift in itself!  We had not been all together in 5 years.

The night before my birthday "children" began to come, Virginia, Maine, Cambridge, Missouri, Maryland, Texas etc etc I was so full.~ my children were home!  
That evening as we gathered in the kitchen enjoying each other a knock came at the door ~  

The Lord brought Weslea from Brazil!!
I was speechless!!

The next day, my birthday, many of us gathered at the Bagel Shoppe, with balloons  to celebrate.... we then traveled to Newburyport and spent the afternoon together while watching the cousins enjoy each other. 
Saturday we  ended the day with Dan's wedding.  Beautiful! We danced and laughed, spoke words of love and caring, danced some more and just enjoyed each other...
Sunday after church we gathered at the house for a family birthday party.  There were 39 of us present.

After eating and playing we gathered in front of the fireplace and celebrated each birthday that took place from Aug 1 - Nov 30  I had certain ones come prepared to speak about the birthday person(s)  and the afternoon wore on.  Prophetic Words were spoken, prayers and praise given, affirmation and kind memories were all shared.
I am speechless ~

Soon it was time for the Maryland clan to leave, then Maine, Texas and Missouri left this morning, Brazil by way of Haiti this afternoon, Cambridge tonite and Virginia tomorrow

Tonite it is quiet ~ Mom has gone to bed and I sit "musing"; reliving the words spoken,  the health and healing we have been blessed with, the grandchildren and the wonderful family that ALL love each other!!

My mind goes to this song :
. Jesus You're More Than a Friend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18p8OyYgUhU&feature=related



PS:  friends,  my computer is OLD and freezing numerous times a night as I write.  Please pray with me that the Lord will send me another that will aid me in the ministry!   Thanks in advance!  Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Marnie... Happy Birthday, Happy Life... you are truly an amazing woman and I'm so blessed to know you.

    I love this story.. you are adored as you deserve to be!

    Miss you,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! CONGRATUALTIONS ON YOUR BIRTHDAY AND THE REMARKABLE RE-UNION!!!!!!!!!!
    May the Lord continue to use you to bless others and may He also continue to surprise you with
    blessings that are just for you!!!!!!
    You are loved,
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I read through tears of joy.for you and your family.
    Love you much and happy birthday,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete