Sunday, October 21, 2012

May peace be multiplied to you!


Friends:   My son, Hudson, was sharing this with me today and I thought it worth while to pass on:


These are the words that King Darius spoke after Daniel had been rescued from the Lion’s Den. "What was his crime to deserve being thrown into a den of lions?"  Prayer!   Daniel understood that if he was came before the Lord for his country, the Lord would do something miraculous.

Today, as I was reading a book in my room, an odd thought passed through my mind. I realized that I have never prayed at my window. It was a strange thought because I've never had a prompting to do that before. 
As I continued to think about this, not sure whether to just let it pass or not, I could imagine the Lord coming to the outside of my window to greet me. Realizing that it wouldn't hurt to actually go to my window, open it up, and come before the Lord in prayer, I decided to do it. I had to move some things around to make it accessible (which I think we all will have to do, in one way or another). I opened the window to fresh fall air and poked my head out. I felt a  bit foolish as this was not normal to me.
 I began to pray in the Spirit. As I was praying, the Lord began to speak to me. I immediately knew that the Lord was calling His people to their windows to pray for our nation. This wasn't about praying for one candidate or another; it was about surrendering our nation over to the Lord. As children of God and ambassadors of Heaven, WE are a nation  inside a nation and must keep that our first priority. Our job here is to invite heaven where we are, and to let the Kingdom manifest itself through us.

So, this is what I am feeling the Lord is asking us to do, for the next 30 days (10/22/12 – 11/20/12) we are to go to our windows three times a day and surrender America to the Lord. For the 15 days leading up to the election, we are to pray that the Lord would have the victory, and for the 15 days after the election we are  to continue to surrender our country to Him and place our trust in the Lord, as well as to pray for our new president.  

Thank you for hearing me out...
Hudson T Wells

Honestly, I have tried to stay out of the “political scene” because I don’t like the divisions it causes in the Church. This is the first time I have really felt the Lord speak to ME about the importance of this. So, this isn't some zeal from a political activist, it is a word from the Lord to me and to whoever else feels so inclined.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marnie,
    That's a beautiful message from your son and you! We have been praying all along for that
    very purpose, for our country, and I shall certainly add the ritual of going to the window and praying three
    times per day as well. It's almost impossible to stay away from the political scene -- especially
    when the very foundations of our faith are threatened -- this is part of Truth and truth is God, and
    this contributes to the morals and ethics of what and who we are. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is phenomenal. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

    Blessings,
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. An inspired revelation! Our only hope is intercession for our country!
    Thank you,
    Konnie

    ReplyDelete