Thursday, May 3, 2012

Where In The Book??

Mom and I sat down to watch a famous TV preacher tonite.  It was the first time I had actually heard him preach.    He spoke on getting to the "Yes'" in your life.   Now there was nothing outstanding really about the message except one thing that really glared at me.   The Bible was never read, no scripture references, nothing on the screen for everyone to read.  He did say " His promises are yes and amen" and he did tell part of the story of Elijah and the rain cloud (with no reference)


Do you believe that the Word of God is active and living (Heb. 4:12)  Do you believe that it holds the power to convict men of sin?  Do you believe that it is the road map, that the Lord wrote to us, for life? (Ps. 119:105)  The Bible is God's letter to us.  It will live for eternity. ( Matt.24:35)


I pray that you read the Word of God.  
I pray that you hear the Word preached.   
I pray that you memorize and walk It out.   
Your spiritual life will be stagnant if you don't.   
If you don't know what's in It you won't know what to believe!

Think about it
Blessings

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marnie--

    I bet it was Joel Olsteen, correct? :)

    I love my time with the Lord each day in the bible. I use a journal and pick one verse that spoke to me and use the SOAP method:

    S--Scripture--what scripture spoke to me, a nugget, a verse the Lord spoke to my heart
    O--Observation--what is this scripture saying to me--any observations
    A--Appplication--how can I apply it to my life
    P--Prayer--write a prayer to the Lord

    Love,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great devotional thoughts. To God be the glory for His wonderful Word. Thank you for allowing God to minister to others in the body of Christ as well as to any who still need to come to Christ for salvation. John Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN, MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maryann Cote

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Marnie....great message to wake up to......

    ReplyDelete