Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Gentle Me Lord

I have heard it said that "meekness is strength under control".


Today I felt like I was straining at the "bit".


Jesus wants to take the "wildness" out of us.  He wants us predictable.  He longs for obedient sons and daughters.  Just as we appreciate our children being quick to obey ~ so does our Heavenly Father.


Father Gentle Me

Lord I come with a heartfelt prayer.
asking You to change me.

I strain and stress at the path that You take
Only to cause one more mistake.

Gentle me Lord
Do as You please 
to make me into one
who will walk with You in ease..

I need Your patience, Your strength and Your Will
As all I have to offer is negative and nil

I long for transformation, to be changed inside and out
Please dear Jesus You know what I'm about

Help me to sit quietly 
as You do Your work within
That I might display the Presence 
Of the Holy Spirit within

Father Gentle Me

Blessings!


5 comments:

  1. Loved your prayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say AMEN!!! Lord help!!
    Me too!!!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marnie
    You are a woman of strength and dignity!
    Ps 84:1 How lovely is Your dwelling place!
    I'm reading So Long Insecurity and I never thought of Ps 84:1 in that context - always thought of His dwelling place as heaven. Now I see it in a different light! I am, you are His dwelling place and very lovely to behold!!!



    Love you, Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sending just what I need for today. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gentleness is a good thing for which we pray.
    It is only needed because we have strength.
    It is a good thing that God has given us strength.
    We should praise Him for the way He made us
    even if something else is needed to go with it.
    Those whom God has made to be race horses
    should rejoice in their innate desire to get into
    the race even though they have to learn to wait for the
    gate to be opened and to wait for the Master to
    give the spur, ok, now go full out, the finish line
    is ahead and we will win.

    Here is a word that has helped me often, “It is better
    to ride a bucking horse than a dead one.”

    Blessings, Pastor Bill

    ReplyDelete