Monday, May 21, 2012

Throw Out the Lifeline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0GdS-SfGwQ&feature=fvwrel


This weekend I chatted with a friend.  I had not seen her for a long while.  She was harried, but there are many days that that happens with life as it is.  but this day I got a distinct impression that she was like a taut rubber band and on the edge of breaking.    She spoke of her job, kids, aging parents  etc etc.  Everything was overwhelming.

My friend does not have a personal relationship with Jesus, you see.  I was not able to remind her that we have a Friend that will stick closer than a brother.  He has the answer, grace and strength for every need.  He takes our burdens and gives us rest.

I had the answer but she did not have ears to hear

As I drove away this old song began to hum in my heart.   "Throw out the Lifeline".  Well, Lord willing, I will drop a note to this dear woman and remind her that Jesus is the answer and that He is just waiting for an invitation to come in!

Watch, listen, pray.  Ask for eyes to see and ears that will hear what is REALLY being said.
People are waiting for the Word of Truth to be spoken to them

Blessings


2 comments:

  1. In response to your email I found many neat and beautiful
    musical selections!
    Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take His peace is so needed...I just returned home and my sister in law died unexpectedly...Lord only knows if she ever came to know him...so we can only leave it with Him.
    Life seems to be changing as it does as you continue on in life, our steps are ordered by Him and I want to have His peace as I go on in victory. E

    ReplyDelete