Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's Me

I watched my mom during women's Bible Study today.  
So often it is difficult for her to hear and she either doses or zones out. 
Today I knew that she could hear.  
I was sitting where I could watch her face and watched her pray and nod and watch.  
She was involved.  
At the end I asked our leader to ask Mom to end us in prayer.  
She said "I tend to be backwards about being forward" :) and then went on to say she was remembering an old song during the morning that her dad used to sing.  An old negro spiritual. 
"It's me It's me It's me, oh Lord
Standing in the need of prayer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2RFRKkjMig&feature=related


Don't depend on any one else's prayers.  
He wants to hear from YOU!!


Blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Great word! The first graders at SCS sang this last month when they presented their chapel play on prayer. beth papia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed so much the references that you have made to your mom. My remembrances of her are many and very dear. She is truly a very remarkable lady. I assume that she is now with you at least part of each year. Please say "hello" to Lydia from Mat and me. Perhaps she will still remember us! ann Mathieus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings friend,
    I so enjoy your Musings and especially when you include your mom.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to hear your mom pray and her Godly pearl's of wisdom. Pam R

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's me , it's me , oh Lord.....precious!! Your mom is the best :) anita

    ReplyDelete