Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Sweet Holy Spirit

Growing up in a Baptist Church in Maine I never heard the mention of the Holy Spirit.  Now whether my ears were just not attuned or that He was not mentioned...I'm not sure, but I lean toward the second suggestion.


Years later after I got married I began to attend a church that "welcomed" the Holy Spirit.  That's just how I want to say it.  They realized He was sent by Jesus to "make things happen" in and out of our lives.   He comforts, counsels and convicts.  He is active and longing to work in and thru us. Mark 16:17-18


I know that I have been to places that He was not mentioned...overlooked or disregarded.  HE knows that much better than I but I have to say His Presence or lack there of was very noticeable.  


 The Scriptures say that "signs and wonders" will follow those who believe.  
Are "things" happening?  
Are the lost coming to your church and are people getting saved? 
Are people being anointed with oil, prayed for and healed?  


We have what the world needs.   He is the answer 


Let's make our life and  church a place that welcomes Him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuPpEQyiCx4&feature=related

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Ya! And as my mother would have said “He is God” how can Trinitarian believers ignore the 3rd person of the trinity?
    I was once asked by a member of my former church, “Are we supposed to worship the Holy Spirit?” Unfortunately, I hesitated in my answering that unexpected question. My mothers comment when I shared this with her was, “He is God”
    Nuf said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marnie....I was raised up in a Baptist Church and

    heard about the 3 in one many many times......Sunday school also...

    Sad that your church did not share the 3 in one


    Blessings, Tricia

    ReplyDelete