Monday, November 26, 2012

When It All Comes Together

Today I decorated.  
I spent about 12 hours and 
am still not totally finished.  
You see I have a disease 
(but that is for a different muse)

As I hauled out all the boxes and tubs from the attic I sifted thru and pulled out this and that to begin my process.  I do not like to replicate a year so each season poses a whole new challenge as I put and take..looking for "homes" for the decor that I have. 
  
Hours went by and it would seem to most (and even to myself) that I was making more of a mess than not.  Many rooms were in disarray, boxes were everywhere, glitter and needles etc littered all the floors and I was having a hard time getting excited with the process.   I was thinking about calling it a day when I decided that I just needed to do the dining room table. I replaced the fall cloth with red and a lovely centerpiece and all of a sudden I began to see it ~ it was coming  together!!  I worked a little bit longer and then vacuumed and voila it was all loveliness!

I bet that is what it looks like to God as He diligently works on us.  Many times it seems we are going backwards instead of making progress. Things can get pretty messy in the process of growing.  But we know that He who began a good work will be faithful to complete it ~  He will not stop, give up, give in or call it a day.

The God of the Universe has you and His plan is in process.  

I only urge you to work with Him ~  
spend time in prayer and the Word.  
Weed out the things that the Holy Spirit brings to mind.  
Become good at obeying.  

Learn from the Israelites and take the short route rather than the 40 year tour.
He Loves You you know and has committed His whole life to pull you to Him

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome Word! I always glean something
    From your muses;)anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marnie,
    Happy belated Thanksgiving. Thank you for your word of wisdom and encouragement. I wasn't planning on decorating for Christmas, but I will start with the kitchen table.
    You're the best,
    Mary Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your devotional also made me think of something our pastor said on Sunday and I share it with you... "We don't have to fear tomorrow - God is already there!" So good - I hope it's also a helpful reminder to you today too. shirley

    ReplyDelete