Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Sobering Thought

Tonite I was part of a Bible Study tackling the dilemma of  PRIDE

I was STRUCK with  a Scripture..

Daniel 5:20-21
(talking about Nebuchadnezzar)
"But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory.  He was driven away from people and given the mind of an animal; he lived with the wild donkeys and ate grass like the ox; and his body was drenched with the dew of heaven, 
UNTIL HE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT THE MOST HIGH GOD IS SOVEREIGN OVER ALL THE KINGDOMS ON EARTH AND SETS OVER THEM ANYONE HE WISHES."


Do you see what I see?  Do you hear what I hear?

As Christians who do we think we are with all of our opinions, our understanding and our ability to know what's best for everyone? 

We would all agree that over the past many months we have been inundated not only with our own thoughts and research on a Presidential candidate but everyone elses as well!  
Now I don't think that it is wrong to do research, have discussions etc etc. BUT
tonite I saw how easily we set ourselves up in Pride as we either respond or react as to won the race.
King Neb thought he was "all that and more"  and God decided to show him a thing or two.  Thankfully he did come to his senses, (merciful God), and realized that God is SOVEREIGN!

I believe that many of us also need to "come to our senses"  We need to believe that God has heard and answered prayer, that He sets our authorities over us and that He is in TOTAL control.  

After this, I for one, will have no opinion on this matter.  I gave it to God and HE acted and I will humbly believe and trust that MY KING will direct and keep me in the days ahead.

Bought and paid for

7 comments:

  1. Joshua Williams Thanks for this. I've been struggling with finding a proper perspective lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Marnie. I agree. Why do people make villains out of those who do not agree with their argument? God is in control and we should give thanks. bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too... Thank you Marnie.. Laurine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one Marnie, thanks for the "sigh of relief" and a deeper look! He REIGNS! colleen

    ReplyDelete