Sunday, November 25, 2012

Burdens Are Lifted at Calvary

The Altar

I long to see the "altar" used more.

Years ago I attended a church whose altar was filled at the end of each service.  God was actively doing a work and people flooded to the front of the church after each service.

One memory of a friend comes to mind.  

Week after week she would go to the altar.  More often than not she was not prayed over.  I remember her testifying about the healing and growth that took place in her life.  She simply would go forward and cry out to her Father, laying all her cares, worries and praises down at the altar, just to receive His mercy and grace fresh again in her life.  
She told me once that she figured that the congregation probably thought that she was a basket case as she was up there so often...but she did not care!  She communed with the Lord and left it all with Him.

How about you..  
Have you ever "run to the altar"?  
Have you knelt to pray up front?   
There is healing at the foot of the cross 
and 
"burdens are lifted at Calvary"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIo5cpHicvE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgkZznGP3dY&feature=related


Blessings!


4 comments:

  1. I loved this message. Thank you and Have a Blessed Day. Lugene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Most of my greatest advances came from altar time! I believe in it! anita P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the altar...I love also when the pastor says if you would like to kneel right where you are by turning around at your seat...love that too...for me it is the humbling act of kneeling before the Lord that is so powerful...and the power is not mine it is the Lord's power that I am talking about...I think that Kneeling puts everything in perspective alice

    ReplyDelete