Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Change Me

I often pray that the Lord will change me.  
I want to be more like Him.  
I want to think like Him and act like Him.  
I want to be moved by what moves Him.

Yet too often
I kick against the very things 
that the Lord intends to use 
to bring me to that place.  


Lord,  
Create in me a clean heart 
 renew  a right spirit within me.
Father,
 I ask Your forgiveness when I do not react and or respond correctly to the many different things that You allow in my life.  
I'm sorry that I am so short sighted.  
Forgive me Lord for being so mindful of myself 
and blind to the needs of others.  
Forgive me for pride and self centeredness. 

Spur me on Lord 
that I will do Your Will  
without question.
Let us be a Bride 
without a spot or wrinkle 
and let it begin with me!


Blessings! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marnie - not sure yet if I can or not - but if I have room in my book for your poem of this morning, may I have your permission to use part of it. Shirley

    ReplyDelete