Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The WORD

This day after the elections was gray, heavy and foreboding. I struggled all day to keep the weather outside of my soul.  I turned my concerns and fears over and over again to the Lord, casting all my cares upon Him.   
As I joined others at church for mid week dinner and fellowship, I felt tired and drained.  I saw it mirrored on many faces.

Joining others for prayer I opened the Scriptures and there it was....

THE WORD.  

You know ... when it just jumps right out at you and you know that the Lord has spoken!


(please allow me to just jot the verses that jumped out.  I encourage you to read the whole thing~perhaps print it out and hang it around your house.)


Psalm 37
Highlights mine

1.Fret Not because of evil doers;  don't be envious of         wrongdoers...
3 Trust in the Lord and do good...dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness
4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
5  Commit your way to the Lord; trust Him and He will act
7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him, fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
8 Refrain from anger and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.....those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land
10  in just a  little while the wicked will be no more; though your look carefully at his place he will not be there.
11 But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace
13 The Lord laughs at the wicked and He sees that his day is coming
16 Better is the little that the righteous has than the abundance of many wicked
17 for the arms of the wicked shall be broken , but the Lord upholds the righteous.
18 The Lord knows the days of the blameless and their heritage will remain forever, they are not put to shame during evil times, in the days of famine they have abundance,
21b-22  The righteous is generous and gives for those blessed by the Lord shall inherit the land ...
23
 The steps of a man are established by the Lord when he delights in His way, 
24 though he fall he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand.
25 I have been young, and now am old yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging bread, 
26 He is ever lending generously, and his children become a blessing.
27 Turn away from evil and do good; so shall you dwell forever.
28 For the Lord loves justice; He will not forsake his saints, they are preserved forever... 
30 the mouth of the righteous utters wisdom and his tongue speaks justice
31 The law of his God is in his heart; his steps do not slip
34  Wait for the Lord and keep His way and He will exalt you to inherit the land
37 Mark the blameless and behold the upright for there is a future for the man of peace
39 The salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their stronghold in the time of trouble
40 The Lord helps them and delivers them; He delivers them from the wicked and saves them because they take refuge in Him

On that note ~  Sleep in peace beloved.....remember He's laughing~










Blessings!

7 comments:

  1. Boy did I need THAT one!! I cried myself to sleep after I found out who got elected. val

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning at Symphony House we declared that we are lovers of His Word!!!anita P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marnie:

    This is one of my favorite Psalms, probably because I know I need the reminder. Some years ago I read a detailed commentary on this Psalm (Oswald Chambers, I think). One of my favorite observations was his likening of the seemingly successful evildoers to "beasts fattened for the slaughter". Nothing to envy there, right?



    Be at peace-- Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Marnie.
    I really needed this. I wish I had read it before my day started Wed. but I guess it is a good time, too.
    And I'll probably keep it on my desktop to revive me in the days ahead!

    Blessings,
    ;-) Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing.
    When I went into work the Lord gave me 1 Thess 5:16 -18 Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
    Be joyful why? The church is getting strong and will be getting stronger.
    Jesus WILL supply all our needs according to His riches in glory--HIS grace for everything we need....food, gas, etc. We can share what we have and bring the message of hope in Jesus Christ to a world who will soon know how much they need Him.
    I knew before the election that no man, even Romney, could rescue this nation. We as a nation would have to turn to God to help us no matter who was elected.
    As Christians lead people to Christ one soul at a time, and the wayward return because we can no longer live this life without Him, our self sufficiency as a nation will no longer be in ourselves but in Him. We have the message of hope! Thank You Jesus!

    As usual i didn't mean to go on and on, but this is how the Lord has been encouraging me. I pray it is an encouragement to you, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this Psalm; and for all your musings. They have uplifted me and others in my family whom I have shared some with.

    In the Lyons Den (our home :) ) we have found much comfort in Psalm 146 last night and today. My sister also sent me this from somewhere on facebook:

    Tonight, after the election is over, we can predict (and guarantee) the following results:

    1. God will still be on His throne
    2. Jesus will still be King of kings and Lord of lords.
    3. The Bible will still have all the answers to every problem.
    4. The tomb will still be empty.
    5. Jesus will still be the only way to heaven.
    6. Prayer will still work - it will still make a difference and God will still answer prayer.
    7. The cross, not the government, will still be our salvation.
    8. There will still be room at the cross.
    9. Jesus will still save anyone who places their faith and trust in Him.
    10. God will still be with us always - He will never leave us or forsake us. CHARISSA

    ReplyDelete