Monday, November 19, 2012

Play It By Ear

While responding to a friend's email I wrote let's just 

"play it by ear"


Initially, this referred to the playing of music without reference to printed notation.  More recently it is also used figuratively to mean 'handle a situation in an impromptu manner' as without reference to  pre-determined rules or guidelines

I think that Christ-followers should make it a habit to "play it by ear"  We should be listening.  The Scripture tells us not to rely on our own understanding but to acknowledge Him in all our ways and He will direct us Prov. 3:5-6

I am a firm believer that the Lord speaks to His followers today just as He did centuries ago.  "Be still and KNOW that I am God"
Psalm 46:10

The kings and prophets all succeeded when they listened and inquired of the Lord concerning their next moves.  It remains the same today.

I'm afraid that we have too many answers at our disposal.  Google has replaced God and at a click of a mouse we can get all the info we need.  The Great I Am has been put on the shelf in many peoples lives.

Jeremiah 33:3    Call to Me and I will answer .....

Psalm 91:15  When they call on Me I will answer....

Beloved take the time with me to
  ask Him to guide our way 
and wait for the answer  
TO LISTEN  
To Obey what we hear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vcSKxJJd2A&feature=related

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment