Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Disappointment

We have all experienced disappointment before ~ 
and will agree that there are different levels of this emotion
I would like to share some raw emotions that can be brought about by disappointment

"I'm feeling so brokenhearted
 I am so angry
 I fervently prayed
 I'm thinking terrible things...
I know that I shouldn't have "MY OPINION" about this but everything in this broken stinky world seems to feel so oppressive to me that I want to SCREAM !!!
Please pray for me to get right in my thoughts and prayers and be light and salt instead of grit and vinegar."

These words are brought about by disappointment.   We say them, we understand them, we feel them, we eat, sleep and walk them....

BUT  my friend ~  
disappointment can and will, 
if allowed, 
EAT YOU UP!
How do I know????   
I've experienced it first hand!

We must still ourselves and believe that the Lord has heard our prayers.  It is hard to watch the very people that we have prayed for reject God's perfect love and care. But it happens again and again.
Satan wanted more and he was disappointed..That disappointment led to pride and the sin that followed. 

Fall on your knees 
God's word will not disappoint.  He has seen and heard and knows all about your situation.  Confess your anger and feelings to Him for He cares for you.

Disappointment will only "clog" you up.  
Nothing good can come from it.
Let it go~


 Prov 3:5-12  The Message

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all
Run to God!  Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health
your bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own;
give Him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over.
But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline;
don't sulk under His loving correction
It's the child He loves that God corrects;
a Father's delight is behind all this.


Blessings




5 comments:

  1. This is so timely! I needed to read this!
    So true and yet easy to loose in the raw emotion
    of situations. Thanks for the reminder. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my friend Marni, are a blessing!!!
    Love you,
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing for this message... I feel defeated and angry. cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and I thank God for you.
    I knew I needed the love of a good friend's reminding me of the possible consequences of the "raw emotions" I shared with you.

    He really is limitless in His supply of grace. He put it in my heart to share with my trusted sisters!

    With much love!
    Cherie ~ being still and knowing that He is God!

    ReplyDelete