Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Such a Simple Thing

Years ago as a young mom of 2-3 little ones, we were getting ready for Sunday services, and I found myself in desperate need of a pin.  
Yes a pin!  
Seems so small today ~  but believe me when times are tighter than tight and you need a pin it can send you into a spin!
We looked high and low and found none.  We mentioned how we would pick some up the next time we went to the store (if we had an extra dollar (no joke)).   
But how about the present need?   
I honestly don't recall what I did about the situation but I do know that it did not hold us back from going to church.
As we parked our little truck full of too many people, I turned to open the door and there was a hand positioned  outside my window with a fist full of pins!  The pins were drooling down thru the fingers in long ropes and were piled high so that the hand could not close.  I rolled down the window and looked up and there stood our old friend John Dawson.    "Hey John,  what you doing?"    "Marnie,  Emma and I have been saving these pins for many years and this morning I sez to Emma,  "Emma,  I'm going to throw these pins away!"   She sez to me, "John! Don't throw them away,  I'm sure that there is someone who could use them!   How about Rich and Marnie"   " So what do you say? Can you use these pins?"


Guess you had to be there......
it was a miracle that has stayed with me for over 30 years.  The seemingly smallest of things has reminded me over and over that the Lord sees and knows all and that His timing is perfect!
Last winter, as I got my coats out of the closet, the Lord prompted me to make a chain of pins and hang them on the lapel of my jackets.   I have had many opportunities to tell of Jehovah Jireh.  My God Who supplies ALL my needs ACCORDING to His riches in glory.   
He started small in my life and held my hand over the years as He has taught me over and over  that there is NOTHING that is too difficult for Him!


Blessed Be His Holy Name!



11 comments:

  1. ♥ this one, Marnie! Lynn Nadeau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect msg for me tonight! Thank you! ♥ Kristy P

    ReplyDelete
  3. John & Emma Dawson... my, how they bring back wonderful memories.... what a blessing they were 'at all times'....
    If my memory serves me right: Emma was the sweet lady that told me she had a warm cup of water with a little milk every night before she went to bed. I've thought about that many times over the years.
    Thanks for the memories.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome testimony, Marnie! Love your blog!! cheryl jenkins

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a great reminder for the beginning of the month, when so many bills are due, and things need to be fixed! and My husband just started his "seasonal"lay off...you know, now he has the time to do things and no money to do it ( : michelle kanach

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heehee. I was picturing little straight or common pins. But to put them in a chain .. they are "safety" pins, even better.
    Love ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to a bible study using Sheila Walsh's "Shelter of God's Promises" and the story you shared is so in line with the promise that we are studyng on this week on Phil. 4:19--the one you talked about! God's timing is indeed perfect!

    You are a blessing! Thank you!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marnie,
    From God's ears to your lips. As you know I was standing next to your daughter when she quietly said mom. Relating HOW YOU HEARD THE STILL SMALL VOICE OF YOUR daughter and how GOD recognizing the still small voice of His children inspired me to pray on my knees ginny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Marnie! I have had similar amazing intimate moments in times of great need. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Marnie…I LOVE your story…and I love Him for the way He works in our lives…always the exact things we need at the exact time!!! thanks for sharing that! It’s so cute Mindy

    ReplyDelete