Thursday, February 16, 2012

Read Between the Lines

 Titus 2:3-5
Likewise, older women are to show their reverence for God by their behavior. They are not to be gossips or addicted to alcohol, but to be examples of goodness.  They should encourage the younger women to love their husbands, to love their children,  to be sensible and pure, to manage their households, to be kind, and to submit themselves to their husbands. Otherwise, the word of God may be discredited.

I'm not sure how "older" women are viewed in the church ~ and who are the older women anyway???  It certainly can't be me....

After listening to a conversation the other day and asking the approximate age of a person, I was told "Oh they were elderly ...like 60 or something!!"     

Well now that I have a COMPLETE COMPLEX I have to take this seriously.  
Do I have something to say?
Hey maybe I do!   Maybe my almost 60 years of experience on earth can help someone.

So to the elderly (My peers)  brush up on your teaching skills.  Begin to pray for situations, conversations and favor with women younger than yourself.  Think about what good advise you might have to pass along.   Is your life one that should be looked at and perhaps even copied?
People are watching from what I hear.

And to you "babes" ~ YES we do have something to say!   We can help... We know short cuts and good recipes and ways to go about  "doing stuff" that would be helpful to you.  We have funny stories and tales of God's faithfulness along the way.  Many of our "old ways" are still the best ways and we did not have to have a kazillion things to raise a child!!!  Many times a draw was a bassinette and a thread spool on a piece of yarn was a good enough toy !  (Man I sound right out of Little House on the Prairie!)

Well enough chuckling for the evening....now that I have figured out Im old I better get to bed!

Love you all
Blessings
Ps.  the living translation says "They must not slander others or be heavy drinkers. Instead, they should teach others what is good."   
This is a lesson in not reading out of context.....
 So!   we can drink just not heavily ~ right?  and I guess this means we are to fill you in on the "good brands" of wine to buy ?? ( SMILE)
( and when I say "read between the lines" I mean at the corners of our eyes!!")   
love you gals!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! this msg is helping me a lot, I'd love to know how to speak Englesh you can talk more with you, always translate the messages to Portuguese msm now I'm translating to send you thanks that God may bless you always,,,,,,
    KYLVYA ALMEIDA

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this scripture - I believe I'm one of the older women! Yay God! Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear friend and sister in the Lord....
    such wisdom...I so enjoy reading these.
    This was timely..Nat just spoke recently about
    discipiling; reaching a hand so to speak to someone
    older and then to someone younger. Anyway....good thoughts dianne

    ReplyDelete