Sunday, February 5, 2012

Disappointment

All around New England tonite there are disappointed people.  They have had their hopes and wishes dashed.  There is no way to turn around  the outcome. It is over and done. 


 The Patriots lost.


I am not particularly a sports fan but I have been disappointed before.  Often on a small level and then times on a much larger level.  The loss of the Patriots will affect some people greater because they perhaps lost money by gambling or even potential sales of memorabilia,  others will be disappointed for the evening but by the end of the week it will be forgotten.


How does the Christian deal with disappointment?   I remember the scripture that David said to himself in Psalm 43:5     "Why so downcast oh my soul put your hope in God!"


Let this old old praise hymn cheer you up as you decide to give HIM praise!   He is the lifter of your countenance and your head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA-S_0LcRWs&feature=related

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Much needed words to hear this morning Marnie.Thanks pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word!! Sometimes I get to these after a few days :)
    love you Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting you should send this song. I'm doing a study (personal) on hope in God. Not hoping in expectations - somethign to happen, etc. Only in Him - Psalm 39:7 And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You! Joann

    ReplyDelete