Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Soaking in the Word

This early morning  I was in the garden weeding and digging.  I have had a very tenacious grass that has taken over big patches of my perennial beds.  Its tendancy is to root and travel underground and come up again in another area.  Ugh!


Last night I had watered the garden and when I pulled those same weeds that seemed so immovable before they came right out.  The water had softened the soil and it made a huge difference.


It got me thinking....


We are much better off  when we have been soaking in the Word and prayer.  Sin will have a harder time of getting a "foot hold" in our lives because we have been being reminded as to who we are and Whom we belong to.


It's important.  Don't stray from the teaching of God.  Turn the radio on,  read your Bible,  talk about the Lord with your friends.  Saturate yourself with HIM.  It will make a difference in your garden!


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment