Thursday, June 9, 2011

Identity

Do you find it in your being a wife and mother? (husband/father)
What happens when the children are grown and you  find yourself single?


Is it in your pension plan?
What happens when that money goes up in smoke?


Is it in your ministry?
What happens when someone replaces you?


Is it in your strength or athletic ability?
What happens when you age or no longer can play?


Is it in your family name?
What happens when slander comes?


Is it in your talent?
What happens when your talent rusts and someone comes on the scene better, younger, more equipped?


Are you a self made man or woman?  If you are there is sure to be a day of awakening...something, somewhere, somehow is going to fall flat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John 1:12                                   I am a child of God and I belong to Him.


1 Peter 2:9,  
Romans 8:35-39                        I am loved by God and nothing can separate                                                                                                                                    
                                                      me from His love.


Ephesians 1:4                            I am chosen by God.


Colossians 2:13-14                    I am forgiven and my sin-debt is paid.


Philippians  4:13                         I am strengthened for all tasks to which God                    
                                                      calls me


Romans 5:1                                I have peace with God through my Lord Jesus Christ.


Hebrews 13:5                             I am never alone --- God will not leave me.


To be UNSHAKABLE  our identity must to be in Christ.  To know that HE is intimately involved in each area of my life and that I am made in His image is so assuring.  When I realize that I have made Him my All in All THEN I am complete.  I am unshakable.  I will not topple.  My security is not wrapped up in temporary things, things that can change in an instant.   


"On Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand"


Stand firm!
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment