Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Farm-Girl

One day years ago, up on the farm, my brothers came into the house to warn my dad that the cows were loose "out".  The boys were given instruction as to what direction they needed to go in and than my dad told me to go to the front of the barn and herd them back.    ME ????!!!!  I was only about 12 at the time and anytime I had been with the cows they were safely hooked up.


 I very timidly went where I was directed and spoke to that big old cow to back up.  She looked at me with those huge brown eyes and the even bigger horns and continued to lumber towards me.  I retreated very quickly back to the safety of the kitchen and my mom.  
When  I told dad what happened he said that I just needed to sound like I "meant" it.  ummmmm....but I didn't...I was not given a choice and went back to my place of duty. With a loud voice and clapping of hands  I told that mama cow to "GET BACK"  and you know what?   SHE DID! 


I shared with a guest tonite that that lesson has turned out to be valuable and true  in many different areas and ways in my life.


When I first started to quote the promises I spoke them wondering, actually doubting, that the Lord would do anything I said.  I did not realize at that time that the Lord HAS  to be faithful to His Word.  His promises are YES and AMEN (finished)  
It is not the sound of my voice, the strength of my might or my knowledge of the Lord that puts things into action.  It is God Himself~His faithfulness!


The Lord wants you to step out.  As you discipline yourself to believe what is written He will make it real.  It is a supernatural happening!    


EX:   "I will NOT be anxious !  The scripture says that the Lord will provide for me and I need not fear or worry AMEN!"  
I don't wait until I "feel" it I believe it cause HE said it!


Remember those great verses in Joshua 1:8+9
"Study the Scriptures continuously.  Meditate on them day and night so that you will be sure to obey everything written in them  ONLY THEN will you prosper and succeed in all that you do  This is my command: Be strong and courageous. Do not be dismayed or discouraged for the Lord Your God is with you wherever you go!"


Blessings!      

No comments:

Post a Comment