Thursday, June 30, 2011

Long Story~ Short

My daughter has a friend.   She does not know the Lord.  She lost her dog ( L O N G story)   My daughter prayed with her right then and there for her and the situation.   A few days went by and the dog returned home ( the circumstances of the story made this nearly an impossible happening)

The friend called crying as she told the story...."Prayer WORKS..  OMG!! PRAYER REALLY WORKS!!"

The Lord WANTS to answer  prayer.  He loves to do it!

I watched a show a long time ago of an interview of some "desperate housewives".  These women were real, everyday, upper middle class women  They were doctor's wives, professional women etc etc.  The one thing they had in common?

They were DESPERATE!

They were addicted to drugs, alcohol, shopping, sex, money, shoplifting and the list goes on.  Seemingly having everything they were empty.

As I watched I dialoged with the Lord,  "Father how would I ever talk to a woman like that...?  Not only would her wall be thick, who am I that she would even listen?"
The Lord replied, " Oh, you only need to introduce them to me and  I WILL DO THE REST!"

He only needs us to put the welcome mat down for Him to walk in  on.
Don't be afraid. (Exodus 4:1)  People are DESPERATE!  Nothing works except the Lord.  He is the only real and lasting answer.

He even will bring a dog back home.
Thank you Lord
Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. thanks Marnie this was great! jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure needed to hear this today, right on time... eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much Marnie for sharing each day God's words of comfort and love.
    Today's message hit home for me.
    Blessings,
    Lugeane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!

    I finished part of my book...lots to do still.... Will share with you when I have more done....

    Love and hugs,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marnie. I was feeling the same way about introducing people to the Lord. Nina

    ReplyDelete