Monday, June 27, 2011

The PitchFork or the Halo

Many years ago, when I was a new and overwhelmed Mom, I remember a day when I felt I just could not go on. (I'm sure that there were many of these)


I recall sitting and remarking how we should just call the men in the white coats to come and get me so that I could spend the rest of my days in a padded cell.  My mouth kept reminding me that my circumstances were way over my head.  As I sat there crying I pictured that little red devil with a pitchfork and tail standing on my shoulder prompting me on my downward spiral.


I also realized that a "little angel" with wings sat on my other shoulder whispering the truth.  "Get before the Lord" " Don't give up" "Go take a rest"  "His strength will be evident in your weakness"  "He does not need your success and ability only your willingness"


You know I truly believe that that was a deciding day and turning point in my life.I could have had it either way!
  I praise God for His Grace and the prayers that friends and relatives  lifted up on my behalf as I believe with all my heart I had and have the absolute opportunity and decision to take either path...Its simply a choice.


I urge you!!!.....Go with the Messenger of God 

No comments:

Post a Comment