Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Pond

Years ago I read a book that painted  life as a pond.  When we become stressed, bitter or overwhelmed with anything our pond water riles up and the junk at the bottom gets stirred to the top.  Old tires, fenders, boots etc  come to the surface. All the stuff in our lives that over time have not been dealt with totally, but  have simply been pushed down, rise again when upset comes.
 After a while, when things calm down, all the junk  slowly floats back to the bottom and the pond looks calm and serene  until the next upset.


The writer explained how during the "upsetting" times the Lord wants us to grab the 'stuff" that churns up, the stuff that is hidden out of sight in the muck,  the undealt with stuff that resurfaces again and again.  That "stuff"  clouds our "waters" and  what should be clean  and clear is cloudy and polluted affecting not only our life but our relationships with other as well.


I remember once, years after my husband had left, I was arranging wrapped Christmas presents in a closet for storage.  There were a lot and all of a sudden the whole big pile came crashing down on me .  I was alone and I yelled out crying.  "I hate you! I can't believe you left me with all of this!!"  
Obviously  I had some "junk" in my pond that needed my attention.  I recall  finally laying it down at the Lord's feet and asking one more time for the grace to forgive and be forgiven. 

With time and diligence my pond has been going "green".  I've been cleaning it up little by little over the years and I find now that others like to come and "draw" from it cause the water is fresh.


How's your eco system doing?  If your pond is polluted  the Lord has the answer.  Start today cleaning it up...He will help and before you know it your life will be an inspiration to others as well!


If you would like to talk about this more go to www.comeinandrest.com .  Email or call me and we can chat over coffee!


Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. God bless you Marnie. Just what I needed to read. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marnie! Your words, thoughts, and expression of your heart is a blessing to me! Love you my sister and I look forward to meeting you in person someday! :) Barb

    ReplyDelete