Monday, May 9, 2011

A Sip at a Time

While my 94 year old mom was just visiting, I noticed a part of her daily routine was to fill her water glass with water, ice and a straw and carry it with her wherever she went.  She did this numerous times throughout the day. It went with her in the car and up and down stairs.  It remained beside her as she watched TV or read a book. She would stop and take little sips every once in a while.  I believe that at the end of any given day she may have "sipped" 16 oz of water, yet she felt like it was a large part of her diet.
  
She carried water yet remained dehydrated.


It made me think about the Word.  I have numerous Bibles.  They are everywhere, on my desk, book case, car, side table and in my purse.  Always available.  Yet I can remain dehydrated ~ dry ~ unchanged.  A sip here and there is not enough.  To remain healthy  we need big "swigs" of the Word.  Times when we just drink it in!  
Join me:  Lord I pray for  thirst.  A renewed thirst for Your Word.  Let me realize the amount of my daily "intake"  that I might re access my  spiritual health. Fill me to overflowing Lord that my life may be brimming with Your truth.  


Friend, look closely at your "habit"  Are you fooling yourself because you are surrounded by the Word?
Recently I heard the Daily Bread called the Daily Crouton ~  and although I enjoy that little book it is not enough to feed us.   Let's reassess  ourselves today and check on our spiritual health....our thirst for the Word and the appropriate "drinking" amounts!


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment