Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Seasons

A friend looking at the back window of my van commented on the "picture" of all my children.
Right under the picture was a sign that read, 
"Jesus is the Reason for the Season".
He said, "I don't get it"
I laughed as I took off the magnetic sign and explained that it had been there for Christmas.

As I pondered on it later I realized, 
Jesus WAS the reason for that season in my life. .. yours too!!

What comfort there is in this reality.  
As I follow after God He brings things, events, people etc into and out of my life.  
He is in control of the seasons of my life.   
As I watch my youngest of grandchildren and all the way up to my mom who is nearing one hundred..
I see seasons, phases, times of incredible busyness 
to my mom dozing and sitting,
 sitting and dozing.  

He reigns over all of it. 
 Recon yourself at rest friend.  
He holds you and sees Every single thing that comes in and out of your sphere .  

You can trust Him
Breath deeply
Determine to rest 

Content

No comments:

Post a Comment