Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Looking for Sweet Potatoes

This morning in prayer there was much weightiness.  So many requests, many long term, with seemingly nothing going on.

I was reminded of a story that I think I may have actually shared a while ago.  
The Short of the Long of it is: a young girl, on a LONG bus ride in Nepal, going to visit some friends on what would be our Thanksgiving Day.  
She was in a totally "black mood" as she missed her family, her home, her holiday~ just all of it.  She sat on this LONG bus ride, on this dirt road, for HOURS.... hoping to meet some American friends in a far away city to spend some time together.  
The bus gets stopped (a usual happening) and has the potential of being delayed for HOURS.   She becomes even more depressed.
After a while she decides to just take a walk.  There is nothing around except some guys with guns..and she begins to walk down this rutted dirt road where there is NOTHING.  She just needs to clear her head and get some fresh air.  
Up ahead she sees something on the side of the road and as she approaches finds it's a woman sitting ...with a pot....full of roasted SWEET POTATOES.   

Now the crux of this story is THAT IS the meal that the girl's mom would make for her at home in the states for Thanksgiving!!!  
She LOVES sweet potatoes 

Friend God knows
and just when you can't go on...
not another step...
He sends "sweet potatoes" and shows that 
HE indeed is with you...
HE sees,  
He never makes a mistake and best of all 
He knows what we are made of 
and will send His angels to encourage us 
and give us a "sighting" when we least expect it.
So beloved 
today I pray that the Lord will send you 
a "sweet potato" sighting, 
a clear sign of His love 
and His care for you

He may seem far off, 
but He is as close 
as the mention of 
His Name

JESUS

content!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Marnie. Perfect for my thoughts when I woke up today.
    Blessings,
    Lugeane

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this just to tell you what happened when I was so sick with flu. Each day I thought I was better then something else would hit me, on Saturday I was so sick I couldn't stop throwing up with nothing there I called dr and they called in prescription I laid down on my side and felt the pillow at my back move (thinking it was the cat I rolled over and no cat) at that moment I wasn't sick again....... I kept thinking it was my mother laying beside me...maybe Jesus ...I kept thinking about custard .....she would always say( ill make you a custard..would you like that?..it's good for you)....so I got up and made myself a custard....it WAS good.....that was the end of the flu......after that was pneumonia but not as bad as flu......all better now.....back trying to ready their house to rent...not an easy task I really miss them both...I'm nearing 65 and its still really hard some days .....thanks for listening......(: Sharon

    ReplyDelete