Monday, September 24, 2012

Let It Begin With Me

"Live in harmony with one another; do not be snobbish but readily adjust yourself to people and situations and give yourselves to humble tasks.  Never overestimate yourself or be wise in your own conceits."   Romans 12:16


Live in harmony:   Choose to get along with everyone

Do not be snobbish  Think of others as better than yourself

Adjust yourself   don't wait for others to change...adjust yourself and do what the Word says

Give yourself to humble tasks   just do what needs to be done

Never overestimate yourself       Stay far a way from Pride!

Wow!   Read it again and then think about it in context with your life.  Do any parts of this verse apply?  Ask the Lord what HE thinks.

How would the Church look if we walked this verse out?   How would we affect our world

Change begins with us ~  You ~  Me
Whether it is work, marriage, family etc   if we each do our part things will look different..

His grace is sufficient and HIS strength will be made perfect in your weakness.   Let it begin with me








2 comments:

  1. thank you...I need a holy adjustment...like at the chiropractor....whip this old girl into shape with a few major adjustments...especially the one about look at people better than myself...the lady across the street that continues to complicate our lives is a good example for me ....I know that God loves her too...I have no doubt about that....yet, when she acts so mean towards us, I have a hard time thinking to myself that she is better than me...but, I am willing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marnie. I really needed to see this tonight.

    God Bless you.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete