Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Centering Prayer

There have been a few times in my life when I was so burdened by a situation that I felt that I could not pray effectively.  Recently with the current political condition of our country I find my self there again.

Last week I spent some time writing what I would call a "Centering Prayer".  This prayer is thought through and I look up Scripture as I go along to "nail it down"

I would like to send it to you .  
When I am burdened again about this situation I will pull this prayer out to read and reread as I remind myself that the Lord is on His throne and in complete control.  Please feel free to use this prayer if it is helpful to you.



Father, I come before You to lay my burdens down 
1Peter 5:7.  I choose to be “anxious for nothing” Phil 4:6 and to believe that YOU are in control Ps 46:1.  The times are heavy that we are living in and many wrangle with the facts and the make believe, BUT YOU are the ONLY ONE who knows the heart of a man Rom 8:27.

The Scripture says that YOU sit on Your throne and laugh Ps 2:4,  that You are able to put a “hook in the jaw of a nation” Ez 38:4, that YOUR arm is NOT too short Is 59:1 and that NOTHING IS TOO DIFFICULT FOR YOU Luke 1:37!

You tell us that You PUT  authorities in place Rom 13:1 and that YOU hold the world in Your hand (or is that a song J) You and You alone know Your plan and You and You alone know what the tomorrows hold  Is 41:10.

I ask Lord that YOU will place on Your people's heart the need to PRAY ~ the need to go into the quiet place and seek YOUR face, the discipline to quiet themselves and walk in faith that YOU will direct their thoughts and paths as they lay their understanding down. Prov 3:5,6 Lord teach us to keep our opinions and words in, so that we will bring no shame or defame our Heritage in any way Ps 34:13.

I CHOOSE TO TRUST YOU IMPLICITLY FOR THE DAYS AHEAD
After all ~  YOU ARE THE LORD!



Blessings!

8 comments:

  1. Wow - this is truly a work of art Marnie.
    I will file this and refer to it! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marnie. That is perfect and I will be sure to pass it on. Love
    you. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marnie,

    Thank you so much for sharing that prayer. That hits so close to home and I really appreciate it:) His leadership is perfect even when my current state and surroundings seem to prove otherwise. His ways are perfect and His ways are not my own.. Thank goodness;)

    Much much love and blessing to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just woke up after several hrs of sleep and now cannot get back to sleep
    A lot on my mind
    This prayer was just what I needed to hear
    Am going to read my bible study book
    now
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU Marnie!! I forwarded this to many people....amazing prayer!!
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Mindy

    ReplyDelete