Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hash-ey La La

Today after church I made a quick lunch for my mom, a friend and myself.  As I placed it on the table I said: "Hash-ey La La"  This came out of no where and I laughed as I remembered my Dad saying it 100 years ago (or so).

"Hash-ey La La" was my dad's way of saying that we were having leftovers made into a hash.  Putting a French flair to the name of the meal was supposed to help make it palatable.  

It was a nice unexpected memory.

Got me thinking....How many times do we try to put a new name to the same old stuff.  We try to pass it off as something not so bad or  acceptable.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"  we all know this saying.  A sin by any other name is still a sin

Has God been "talking" to you about anything in your life lately?   Friend, please don't ignore Him!.  It will not get better. 
If the Holy Spirit has been whispering, take heed!  It is for your good that the Lord brings correction.  After all that is why we are here ~ to be made into His likeness and image!

So when it comes to sin let's not have any leftovers ~ no matter what they are called!

Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment