Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Knitting Interrupted

Stepping out on a limb...

I had to admit something out loud tonite. 
     
Chatting with a friend,  I had to say that for a long time I was not "against" abortion.....I was not for it either....I just didn't want to think about it.~  I sadly realized that if I had ever had an unwanted pregnancy I might have even considered it.

As years went by I realized my thinking was wrong and that God values life...PERIOD.   Life ~ whether brought about by rape, incest, carelessness, love and desire, etc etc etc....

LIFE is what God is all about!    

I still did not necessarily have the "feelings" that went along with the conviction but knew that I needed to side with God's Word rather than my feelings.  I left my feelings with God and decided to be obedient in my thinking and trust Him for the rest.

Today we have a seated President who does not value life.  I'm not sure why.... over population, inconvenience whatever,  he has made it painfully clear that he will put the "rights of women" over the "rights of the unborn" and the commands of God. 

 Again there was a time that I would have felt that it was his "right", his prerogative to think this way. While that is still true, I firmly believe now that he stands directly contrary to God. And because he is our leader we find ourselves out from underneath the Lord's umbrella of protection.****
As I read and understand the Scripture I see that it is never good to go against God's ways.  He is serious about His commands.....life being a top priority.

Psalm 139:13-18   You formed my innermost parts, You knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, Your works are wonderful, I know them full well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place, when I was knit together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are Your thoughts Oh God   How vast is the sum of them  Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand ~ when I am awake I am still with You.

There is JUST NO WAY of getting around this passage in Psalms.

A few days ago I was commenting on a thread on Face Book.
A Christian brother was firmly stating his allegiance to Obama vs Romney.  It brought consternation to me in light of the Scripture.  I know full well that it is only God that knows the heart of man BUT would I not vote for the one who most lines up with the Word of God??   This is not about casting judgement...it is about truth.  And the truth is as mentioned above....Our country and individuals will be held accountable for the stance we take.

I only pray that you will seek Gods face and align yourself with HIM and HIM ALONE

Time is short
Blessings
****http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles4/MotherTeresaAbortion.php
Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching the people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. That is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion.


If we remember that God loves us, and that we can love others as He loves us, then America can become a sign of peace for the world. From here, a sign of care for the weakest of the weak - the unborn child - must go out to the world. If you become a burning light of justice and peace in the world, then really you will be true to what the founders of this country stood for. God bless you!
- Mother Teresa


18 

6 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! Marni!!!!!
    Love you,
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Marnie, I am right beside you....personal experience has allowed me to shout these same sentiments....and we must shout so to speak...we have been silent so long that laws and rules of our country have been widdled away ...our voice is God's voice...not to say we go off running it without the Holy Spirit, but our voice is so important....We will chat someday and I hope it is sooner than later.....dear friend and sister in Christ...Always Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this honesty Marnie! You are dear!anita perry

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you--I forwarded this on to some friends--so true. Thank you for speaking the truth in love....

    Cathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marnie,

    I love your 'musings'. This one in particular 'got to me'. After sending up an SOS to God, I forwarded it to many 'loved ones' challenging them to read it thru, including the hyperlink. I pray that God will use this message to reach many folks. If I do not receive any 'backlash' from the forwarded email, it will be only by the grace of God.

    Thank you for your faithfulness.
    Blessings,

    Irene

    ReplyDelete