Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Undertow

A few years back some friends and I went to Plum Island for a luncheon.  After eating, a few of us went for a walk along the beach.  One gal decided to put her feet in.... before long we stood mesmerized as she dipped into the ocean.  We thought, "Wow, look at her! How brave!  The water must be freezing."  We laughed and giggled at our friend, until all of a sudden,  someone said "Are you OK?"  ~ to which came the sputtering answer, "NO"!!!


We rushed to her and aided her in getting her balance so she could leave the water. She was totally wet and covered with sand inside and out!


She had been caught in an UNDERTOW and we did not even realize it!  Because it was so near the shore line and the water was not deep we did not even consider that there was a danger and a serious situation happening right in front of our eyes!!


I probably don't need to write any more...I'm certain if you take a minute you can come up with your own scenarios!


Friend every day, somewhere there is an undertow.  "The enemy prowls around looking for whom he can devour" 1 Peter 5:8   That's why the Lord says "be alert and sober minded!"


Don't be foolish enough to think that you can withstand any of these attacks on your own.   Pride comes before a fall ...
Be vigilant friend ~  watch our for your brothers and sisters as well.   You may think that they are having fun but that may not be the case~ perhaps they are caught and need help getting up AND out!


Blessings!

I  write tonite as I have been gone all week and will not be around much this coming week!   I continue to pray for something more portable to write on but until then ~ ( I do love to hear that some of you have missed me :))






3 comments:

  1. Marnie,
    that was beautiful.
    don't we all feel like a undertow is about to take us???
    BUT JESUS.
    Have a great week my friend Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your piece and the application in "Undertow". So very true! Satan sneaks up when we least expect it! I had that happen to be a couple of years ago while jumping waves only I just lost my balance and couldn't get my legs to raise me up. Needless to say, I don't jump waves anymore! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your musings, often saying just what i needed to hear Thank you for writing them. Cathy

    ReplyDelete