Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Simple Question

The other day one of my daughters was recounting about some time she was able to spend with her 13 year old niece.  We all know that there is nothing more cool for a young teen than hanging out with their "very cool" auntie who is in her mid 20's and is "living the life".


I was told that in the midst of the time together my granddaughter asked my daughter "Do you drink?"  I asked my daughter what her reply was and she just simply said "No, I choose not to.  It's expensive, can make you do weird things and  I just don't have the desire or need." (my interpretation)  Her niece's response was along the line of "I don't either,I think its stupid"


Here's the bottom line for me.  


#1 This was an important question for the girl to ask.  She was testing the water and wanted to see where her aunt stood.
#2  I just PRAISE GOD  that my daughter was able to answer No and give an explanation.




Now this is in no way a judgement on whether one should drink or not, but rather a reminder that we are being watched.  Our youth are trying to sort out life and the pressures of  society and the reckless lifestyles of many peers are very loud.


We used to sing a song in Bible School:
"Do you know oh Christian you're a sermon in shoes"   
http://kenschenck.com/sermoninshoes.mp3

That just about says it all.   I'm afraid we fail on way too many plains.


Take this up with God.  HE will help you .  He is able by the power of the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to the things that He wants you to see and know.  Hes just looking for a willing vessel. 


Remember Big Brother is Watching!


Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment