Thursday, July 26, 2012

Back Door Savior

Just finished a short conversation with one of my daughters in which I said  "yes, He often comes in the back door"
Got me thinking ...:)
Coming in the back door is not being formal,  a friend, often a neighbor,  feels free to come in the back door.  Often it is unannounced.
The Scripture says He will come as a thief in the night  2 Peter 3:10,  1 Thess 5:2,  Rev 16:15


He was born, lived and died in a way that NO one would have scripted.
And He continues today...


He's Creative....His ways are NOT our ways.  He loves to surprise us.  


As a child my dad would often, during our Sunday ride, randomly stop the car, go in the store and buy a treat.  We would always be on the edge of our seat.  There was no fanfare, no warning and it did not always happen....but it was likely.
Once he bought a thick slab of bologna and a loaf of bread!  Other times it might be a bag of candy or ice cream but it was always unexpected and never the same.


I think this is kind of like God.  
He loves to surprise us!   
I want to "ride with Him"  
How 'bout you?

HOLD ON TIGHT IT WILL BE THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!
He's the Back Door Savior

2 comments:

  1. I just love your daily "musings"... Thank you so much Marnie for all you do. Laurine

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! MY FRIEND! XOXOXOXO DEB

    ReplyDelete