Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Pitiful vs. Powerful"

A quote I heard today from Joyce Meyers. 

 "You cannot be pitiful and powerful at the same time"   

This is a true statement. 
  
Because I have experienced it and because I now see that self pity can create a chasm in a life where days, reputation, children, work, friends  etc can be lost,  I have become very aware of the symptoms.   What can start as just a "vacation of the flesh" can soon become a hole in a life that allows the enemy access to "kill, steal and destroy".


Again  You cannot be pitiful and powerful at the same time.


So dear friend, I beg you, if this is a place that you visit often, come before the Father, ask for His forgiveness, and dedicate yourself in the purposes of God, determining to expose the enemy and his tactics.   Pray that the Power of the Holy Spirit will fill your life and that you will be back focused on the ONE who can turn your circumstances around, giving you a hope and a future.

He loves you so!
Blessings 

2 comments:

  1. YA!! When I was a kid growing up my mother used to say to us, “self pity stinks!!!” she would not allow us to feel sorry for ourselves in any situation.
    This was from a woman who grew up in a home with an absent, alcoholic father. She adopted her first child, then also took 4 nieces and nephew (whose mother died at 26 yr.) as her own. 8 years into raising her brothers kids (me and my siblings) her own husband became a paraplegic in a work related injury. She always taught us to trust God and that God does not like self pity!
    Sharon Dancona

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good word. Thanks, Pastor Bill

    ReplyDelete