Sunday, January 8, 2012

Glib or Confidence?

I was speaking to a friend the  other day about faith in God etc. and it came to my mind that I perhaps sounded "glib"

1. Performed with a natural, offhand ease: was fascinated by his unfailingly glib conversation.
2. Characterized by fluency of speech or writing that often suggests insincerity, superficiality, or a lack of concern.

As I was thinking it through, I thought of how a child might speak about HIS dad.   "Oh my Dad can do that...."
"My Dad can do anything"
"My Dad will take care of that" 
"My Dad always....." etc etc

Do you hear what I'm saying?  

I feel SO CONFIDENT in my Lord and Savior that when I'm listening to someone fret or worry I just want to say  "Oh you don't have to worry about that My DAD will take care of everything.!"

He has proven Himself over and over to me during the past 50 years and what you are hearing or reading is not glib  it is CONFIDENCE

Confidence in the One Whom I know holds me
takes care of me
provides for me
numbers my days
never lets me go
speaks to me and directs my path
I could go on and on and on.

OH HOW HE LOVES US!

Blessings!

1 comment: