Sunday, March 4, 2012

Stagnation

Stagnation

1.
the state or condition of stagnating or having stopped, asby ceasing to run or flow: 
2.
a foulness or staleness, as one emanating from a standingpool of water.
3.
a failure to develop, progress, or advance:
4.
the state or quality of being or feeling sluggish and dull:



Are you stagnant?  Or perhaps a better question would be; are you "fresh", growing, vibrant, alive, changing, becoming more like HIM?

Once we have accepted the Lord's salvation and been forgiven of our sins, nothing should hold us back.  We should be changing and growing into His Likeness and Image.

2 Corinthians 12:9   ".....that the Power of Christ may rest upon me"

Colossians 1:28 "....so that we may present every man complete in Christ"

2 Corinthians 3:18   "From glory to glory He's changing me"

2 Peter 1:4  "the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires."

The Scripture says that His strength is made perfect in our weakness .  We are without excuse.  Change is ours, we just need to choose it!

Father, in Your precious Son's Name, we come and ask again for Your grace to change us.  Help us yield to Your ways.  Create in us a thirst for Your righteousness.  Stir us a fresh and a new that we may truly be changed.  Thank You for Your patience Lord.  May we set our eyes like flint upon You and You alone.  
May the ones around us see You in us and be changed as well!

Amen

Blessings






2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Marnie,
    I needed this particular insight today.
    I've been feeling in a slump. -As if I'm depressed by my inability to SEE changes that I've been fervently praying for.
    Perhaps I've been focussing on the wrong targets for the changes to be affecting.
    I'm turning focus inward to effectively, actively listen for His voice changing and directing me in His perfect will. Love C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your emails, Mrs. Wells! May our good Lord continue to lavish his love on you and gileads balm. Much love!

    In His name,

    Josh

    ReplyDelete