Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Little Zap to the Throat

Chatting with a friend today she told me that she had purchased a collar for her new puppy that gives a low voltage zap to the dog's throat/neck every time he barks.   The man next door to them had his dog out fetching a stick in the water and the young pup ran quickly to the waters edge, body shaking and barked.....ouch!  Well that was a "shock"    Amazingly enough he did not bark again and learned very quickly.


What a great invention!


I wish I could buy one for myself.  There would be times when I would like to wear it knowing that it would be a good reminder to keep quiet.  Who wants pain?   Not me.


But alas we are left to our own selves.  Prayerfully we learn from our experiences and as we mature we should be getting  a "grip" on our speech.


The Lord can help.   
Dedicate your mouth and speech to Him again today.  Rarely does one make a mistake by being quiet.   
Try it ~  I bet you can do it!!

Luke 6:24
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
James 3
Taming the tongue
Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to you Oh God


Blessings

1 comment:

  1. Monique Duhamel Ciccarone:
    My college journalism professor was a little more blunt - "shut up and listen." But his advice has stuck with me for over 20 years. Thanks for the reminder - and the Godly spin his message lacked.

    ReplyDelete