Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sitting in the Boat With Jesus

I've been pondering lately about the guys in the boat with Jesus...You remember the story...storm comes up, they panic..wake Jesus up... HE calms the winds and sea.
Ok   Can we get to the place that we SO trust HIM that no matter what happens, eyes on HIM, we do not react in fear?  
I personally think it is possible.   
A number of months ago I heard the Lord say to me that we were going to be working on "Confidence"     an unshakable stance, unwavering

  1. The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust: 
  2. The state of feeling certain about the truth of something.
  3. faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way 
  4. full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing:

Now for certain the ONLY WAY, in my estimation, that we can have this type of confidence is if we have entered such a tight relationship with HIM that we know and believe in HIS nature without doubting. This takes time and practice.  

How about you?    You are in the boat....it's tipping on it's side but you're with Jesus....yes HE seems to be sleeping, but none the less HE Is with you.... Can you trust?   Will you try to save the ship, try to shake HIM awake  or will you curl up close to Him and hold on tight? what do you think.

I hear HIM throughout my days lately...."DO YOU TRUST ME NOW?"

Yes I am willing to learn this lesson...Give me grace Lord to be unshakable because of YOU, MY ROCK,  my strong tower.

I pray this for you as well dear friend!
Blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Hearing that same Message Marnie...."Do You Trust Ne now?" I want to curl up close to Him and Hold on tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it Tracey! There's room for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Tracey, could use that security now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin Its as close as the mention of HIS name! Take it...He will not let you down! We have to take down those vain imaginations and arguments that try to convince us of something other than what the scripture says! HE IS able...HE does have a plan! HE WILL provide. HE does see and hear HE WIll draw near to those that draw near to HIM Preach to yourself sister!

    ReplyDelete