Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Laughter!

Visiting mom this week  we were chatting about her memory and/or loss there of.  I told her that I felt that we should begin to pray about this and that I felt that the Lord would want to bless her by activating her memory again!  It was an encouraging conversation and prayer time.    
A little while later we were getting settled in the car for a drive and I told her to remember to put on her seat belt.  She was busy trying to zip her pocketbook and when that was settled she looked up at me and said "So what did you say about bubblegum?"  We laughed and laughed as I said "Lord about that prayer.....did you understand what I was talking about???"


We have talked about this off and on as she ages.  Her memory, slowness of step and loss of hearing make it hard for her to feel she is still viable.  It can make visitors and on lookers feel awkward and frustrated.  Talking has helped but laughter has been great!


What's bugging you?  Is it something that you can fix?    If so fix it....if not perhaps you should just chuckle.  I'm sure I have told you one of my favorite verses before;  Proverbs 31:27  "She is clothed with dignity and confidence and she laughs at the future"


Friends  God is in control.  True we sure don't understand HIS ways, but we can trust Him


Relax!  Stress can kill you and laughter is good medicine!


Blessings!





Laugh!!!!      http://dauckster.posterous.com/lutheran-airlines-fg-audio-only

1 comment:

  1. I love this one:) Thanks for sharing your favorite verse... I like it and will pray for plenty of opportunity to laugh this week...jeannie

    ReplyDelete