Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In God Alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08CeqyaffKM


Here is a word for you from the Word

Psalm 62:1-2;5-6
My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. NIV


    
There is one very important word that occurs four times in succession in those verses that I’ve just read. The word is “alone.”


 My soul finds rest in God alone.
He alone is my rock and salvation.
My hope comes from God alone.
And He alone is my rock.


 You see, there’s a certain sense in which the only ultimate source of salvation and of hope is God Himself. The prophet Isaiah cried out, “God has become my salvation.” Salvation is not to be found in religion, even in a creed or a doctrine, or in church membership. There’s only one ultimate source of salvation and it’s very important that each one of us comes at some time in our lives to that place where we use that word “alone”; where we say, “God alone is my hope, my rock, my fortress, and the source of my salvation.” And, true enough, when we say that, it becomes true in our experience 

- Derek Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment