Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We Just May Be Surprized!

I received this in my mailbox from a reader




I  was shocked,  confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's  door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor  the lights or its decor.

But it was the  folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and  gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the  sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash. 

There stood the kid from seventh grade 
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to  him was my old neighbor
Who never said  anything nice.

Bob, who I always thought 
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting  pretty on cloud  nine, 
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged  Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to  hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get  up here?
God must've made a mistake. 

'And why is everyone so quiet,
So  somber - give me a clue.'
'Hush, child,' He  said,
'they're all in shock.
No one  thought they'd be seeing you..'

JUDGE  NOT!!

Remember...Just going to church  doesn't make you a
Christian any more than  standing in your garage makes you a car.



I surely hope that no one will be shocked to see me in heaven and I pray the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment