Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sticks and Stones

May break my bones but
Texts will never hurt me!

A friendly reminder ~  
Words, in whatever form you choose to use them, have power.
The power of life and death,
power of joy or hurt,
power to build up or crush,

We have all experienced it at one time or another.  

Are you careful with what you say?  The Scripture says in Matthew 12:36 that, "On the day of judgement we will be held accountable for every idle and/or careless word that comes out of our mouth"

We need to take this seriously.  
Habits need to be broken.  
Too often we give ourselves an excuse with "Well God knows I'm a worrier.  He knows I'm just a complainer.  He knows that I need to say these things.

I honestly don't think that we can be the exception to His Word.  We will be held accountable ~ in fact we are already!

Honestly it is a hard habit to break! 
BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE~
As Christians we need to have a guard over our mouths.  We carry Jesus remember?  

Lord Help me please!
Put a red light in front of me..cause me to hear myself and give me the grace to catch my words before they come out of my mouth.  Father the Scripture says that out of my heart my mouth speaks!  Lord create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me!

I depend and rely on You!

Blessings!


2 comments:

  1. Always happy to spend a minute reading your musings!

    And I voted! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. did not do well this weekend...for sure...the crazy lady caused all kinds of trouble and I chimed in a bit with neighbors commenting on her meaness to us....thank you for the reminder...work in progress
    A S

    ReplyDelete