Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Funneled!

I heard this word used this morning in a prayer meeting.  It described how a person was feeling about moving after decades of being in the same house.  She was feeling like she had to let go of "roomy" and many things to fit into a very small space.  It was hard and felt kind of panicky

I thought immediately of God and Jesus. 

Hebrews 2:14   ....The Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death.

 Phil 2:5-11
........Christ Jesus, who though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.....he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross......



It made me think...How did God ....GOD....funnel Himself down into the likeness of man?  HE put HIMSELF into a human form!   HE HUMBLED HIMSELF!   
HE emptied HIMSELF!  
HE took on the form of a servant!   
HE DIED!

HE was funneled for sure!

Friend   Do you feel funneled?  If you are a follower, let HIM funnel you to where you need to be.  It is out of kindness that HE does this!   He knows that we would be lost if we did it on our own.....thus He funnels us. 

I love that....what a Gracious thing to do!   
What a  good Father!  
What a Savior and Keeper!   
HE FUNNELS US!
Oh precious thought!!

Blessings!

8 comments:

  1. Great insight, my friend. Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just before I was to move from the apartment house to the studio, I had fear grip me one night, it was horrible. And I quoted scripture, prayed in tongues, bound the enemy. The scripture that God gave me was Hebs 2:7-9 about putting all things under His feet. I knew satan was under Jesus' feet, I am in Jesus, Jesus is in me, therefore, the enemy is under my feet.



    I tried many times to fall asleep and every time I began to drift off, fear rose. And I asked the Lord, what do you want me to do? And He said, sleep. So I tried and then a word came to me, SEQUESTERED. I thought about how a jury is sequestered, safe. And that's how I slept. With the word sequestered - knowing I was safe in His Arms. Please pass this on to your friend Marnie that she sequestered in HIM!

    To explain further - I was prepared to move and wanted to move - that wasn't the fear of downsizing, etc.


    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. die to self Sister....working on it...but asking God to help this selfish, self centered woman of faith Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes feeling funneled today
    Good word for describing the journey! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marnie, just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your words of wisdom. I appreciate your lovely stories, especially about Lydia. I'm so glad she is with you Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like it, "Funneled by and for Jeus!" A new bumper sticker slogan?! :) Seriously, awesome thought!! xo deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Marnie….I loved this one. I hope you and Mom are well! I hope we can get together sometime soon….. Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remembered after I sent the email to you what someone told me years ago who had worked for Family Services in Vancouver. I had been in the process of moving then from Vancouver to Surrey and fear gripped me. She spoke to me about it after and asked me what was it like when I moved from my family of origin home. And I told her it was traumatic. That was when my mother died, I was 24 and within a week was uprooted from Kingston, NY to live w/my sister and her family in Illinois. She told me that she learned about the trauma effects from a move such as that. And Marnie it didn't effect me till years later in 2000! And I knew in my spirit God's peace as I was feeling I was falling apart emotionally. And as I was packing boxes to move, thoughts of my home in Kingston would come to me and I thought it was just nostalgia. Then I got a call from the landlady about the tenant not moving out in time, etc etc that sent me into a tailspin. I was working at Focus on the Family and the next morning went to work and a co-worker, friend came to me put her arms around me, praying until the fear left, release.



    So when this happened, fear again moving from Jodi's house - I knew what was happening but it didn't take the fear away till God gave me the word sequestered. You see, that house was like a home to me again. Funny, writing this, is bringing tears to my eyes. Oh how deep the wound. But what did Corrie ten Boom say - Jesus is deeper still. Yay God!!! joann

    ReplyDelete