Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pass the Pepper Please

We have made a new young friend.
She is from China.
She has no specific beliefs.
She has visited with mom and I a few times.
She is lovely.

One day we were walking into the house when mom says "Marnie~  ____________ does not know about Jesus~!!   We just need to do something about that!"

Subtle real subtle :)

One of my children came to me a few years back and told of one of their friends, who after visiting, said "your whole family talks ALOT about God all the time!"

You know what ~ I realize this!!!   WE DO!   It has just become a lifestyle, a habit.  Jesus ~ God ~ the Holy Spirit is a central focus here.   

The Scripture talks about us being like salt   Matthew 5:13 (Message)

13"Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.

I like this...it is a great picture, salt produces thirst.

But I like pepper as well.    
On a typical day, would whomever you are "hanging" with, know by your speech, your actions, that you are a Christian? 
Is there evidence of God's love in your life?

I pray today that your life will not only be salty but that it will be "peppered" as well.  Peppered with Him, His Word and your testimony.  I pray you will leave behind no doubt as to who you are and Whom you belong to !
Pray for opportunities and offer God.  

What the world needs now is love sweet love ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cW8Alo_5uI&feature=related




No comments:

Post a Comment