Monday, April 23, 2012

A Little News ~

I just got back from visiting my youngest at the International House of Prayer in Missouri.  We had a wonderful time.  
Now I am back...
I have spent the afternoon "taking back" my home and spent a lot of energy on determining not to be overwhelmed.


Today I bring up all the Promises I know, I preach to myself,  I practice keeping my mouth shut and I pray ALOT.  


Is my life bad?   
NO....
It is just different than I had "planned".  
Have I been praying constantly that God would have His way in me? 
YES ~ 
and I believe He is....
I just need to stop fighting it.

Breath, Pray, Rest,  Pray some more.   


I complain (to myself) that I have no one to talk it over with ....
Excuse me??? 
Where did that come from? 
 I have the King of the Universe at my beck and call* and all His wisdom that I could ever need for today and the days ahead.


So dear one...when life is "different", when the road takes a U turn.  
Trust. 
 He has you in His hands 
and 
HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!

* “What's the appropriate phrase--'beckon call' or 'beck and call'?”

The correct phrase is “beck and call.” If you are at someone's beck and call, you respond immediately whether he or she beckons or calls; it implies complete subservience.

It's an old phrase, originating in the late 1800s, during a time when “beck” was used to mean “beckon.”



11 comments:

  1. Welcome home, missed reading,learning from your daily devotionals. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..........this was awesome! I am hearing that same message and enjoying the peace I get too!! So glad you are home. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. MARNIE:

    Welcome back. Thank you for this note.
    God Bless you,
    Gordon Yates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home Marnie,

    Loved today's Musings -- actually I love them all, but, todays' was such a special reminder
    that we do indeed have a wonderful, sympathetic and loving ear to share our troubles with --
    Oh . . . how we need to absorb and realize that truth. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!!!!
    And I say "AMEN"!!! to all you wrote!!!
    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Marnie. I needed this message. Welcome back. Pam R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one and thank you "again"..... You are truly "annointed with His wisdom"... :-)
    PS : See you soon! Laurine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today's musings are perfect for me. The long wait to see if my husband is Laid off has happenned.
    I will be blessed to lean on Jesus more than ever and speak faith words so my faith will be built
    by "hearing" the WORD.

    It is a new concept for me that "hearing " means
    more than listening to tapes or speakers. It means calling what is not as it will be and hearing my
    mouth speak truth about His provision. Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful.....
    my love and prayers for today, this hour , this moment......all we have from our loving , heavenly Father !
    anita <><

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marnie I really appreciate your "musings" . Yes, it sure is different when life takes a U turn. But plan B can be even better! B for Better! Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marnee - May I encourage you to breathe...pray...rest...and pray some more. It is the sure answer to not becoming overwhelmed. Thanks for the encouragement. Now...let's both heed this good advice. Sue Wellman

    ReplyDelete