Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cuddling in the Bottom of the Boat

I had a picture this morning. 
It was of a  mid-sized boat in a very choppy sea.  In fact the sea was rolling and the ship was tipping way on its side as the waves tossed it around.  


IT WAS SCARY!!


No one had expected this storm, no one had seen it coming.
But that really does not matter as NOW we were in it!

I was beginning to feel sick to my stomach and others were praying, screaming, crying and hanging on to dear life.



IT WAS CRAZINESS!!


I knew Jesus was with me..... He was in the boat as well.  
But He was strangely silent.  
No assurances, no Presence, no authority was seen.   
I stumbled and crawled and finally found Him, fast asleep, in the bottom of the boat.   He was calm.  He was peaceful.  He did not seem afraid.


I watched Him closely as His body also was being swayed.  I remembered that He had said that He would NEVER leave me or forsake me.  My pondering settled me a little.  He had always been faithful in my life.  He truly had NEVER left me alone.  He had stayed closer than a brother and had proven His love for me over and over and over.  But yet He stayed asleep and I was cold and afraid.


I crawled a little closer and  decided the safest place to be was with Him.  I did not try to wake Him ~ I just cuddled against Him, drew His arm around me and rested in His presence and His peace.


WONT YOU JOIN ME TODAY?


Blessings~

No comments:

Post a Comment